Hey guys, so here’s part two of what reading means to me. So I’m just going to list some of the reasons why I love to read:
- It transports you into a different world. When I read, for just a little while, nothing else matters except for the plot of the book I am reading and I can escape reality for a little while.
- It relaxes. There is nothing better than curling up with a good book after a long day.
- It has helped me through rough times. As I sort of mentioned in Part 1, reading has helped me a lot when I was sick and has made me feel better in a lot of shitty situations.
- It inspires. A good book always inspires me to write more and to create stories of my own, but depending on what kind of books you are reading, they can inspire you to travel, to take a risk, to do what you have always wanted to do.
- It makes you learn about real life. I actually wrote my Extended Essay on a topic like this, but even fiction books can tell you a lot about real life, whether that’s historical facts or human relationships.
- It is a hobby. For me, reading really is a hobby. It’s fun, it’s a good conversation topic and there is a whole community surrounding it.
- It can help you learn new languages. I, for instance, improved my English immensely through reading books in English.
So, those are some of the reasons why I love reading and why it means so much to me. I’d love to hear some of your reasons. So let me know in the comments.